Have you wondered what really sets the Democrats apart from the Republicans? It’s often their beliefs and core values. If you find yourself questioning what party you belong to, here are some signs you might be a Democrat.
- A belief in social and economic equality. Democrats believe that all Americans should have an equal opportunity to succeed, regardless of their race, gender, religion, or social class. They support policies that promote economic fairness, such as raising the minimum wage, expanding access to affordable healthcare, and investing in education and job training. What they don’t promote is entrepreneurship and the belief that if you work hard, you’re allowed to have more than others.
- A belief in government as a force for good. Democrats believe that the government has a responsibility to help its citizens and to ensure that everyone has a fair chance to succeed. They support government programs that provide social safety nets, such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. They also support government regulation of the economy to protect consumers and workers.
- A belief in environmental protection. Democrats believe that we have a moral obligation to protect the environment for future generations. They support policies that reduce pollution, promote renewable energy, and conserve natural resources, regardless of the tax implications.
- A belief in civil rights and liberties. Democrats believe that all Americans have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They support policies that protect civil rights and liberties, such as voting rights, reproductive rights, and LGBTQ rights. However, they don’t care if these also stomp on your religious rights and beliefs.
- A belief in gun control: Democrats generally support stricter gun control laws, such as universal background checks and bans on assault weapons.
- A belief in immigration reform: Democrats support comprehensive immigration reform that would provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. Many also support the development of more sanctuary cities.
- A belief in climate change: Democrats believe that climate change is a serious threat and support policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- A belief in foreign policy: Democrats generally favor a more interventionist foreign policy than Republicans. They support using military force to promote democracy and human rights around the world. Often, this means that Americans take a backseat to whatever foreign country is currently in need.
Of course, these are just some of the beliefs – and even within the Democratic party, there is a constant argument about what is and isn’t okay. Often, it comes with extremes.
Many of the liberals currently in Congress want to push their beliefs to the extremes – as we can see with trying to ban gas cars, pushing LGBT agendas over Christian ones, and allowing illegal immigrants to take over the US.